More information about insulinomas
The information on insulinomas is mainly contained in research papers. You will find below a list of useful links:
- ENETS Consensus Guidelines Update for the Management of Patients with Functional Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors and Non-Functional Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors 2016 (PDF)
- ENETS Consensus Guidelines Update for the Management of Distant Metastatic Disease of Intestinal, Pancreatic, Bronchial Neuroendocrine Neoplasms (NEN) and NEN of Unknown Primary Site (PDF)
- ENETS Consensus Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Digestive Neuroendocrine Neoplasms: Functional Pancreatic Endocrine Tumor Syndromes 2012 (PDF)
- European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (ENETS)
The primary aim of ENETS is to integrate basic and clinical research with teaching and to establish guidelines for the diagnosis and therapy of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP NETs).
- List of European NET Centres of Excellence
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation: an alternative option for the treatment of pancreatic insulinoma - October 2014
- Insulinoma - CancerHelp UK
- Introduction to Neuroendocrine Tumours (NETS)
- Medscape Reference October 2011 Article about insulinomas
- Insulinoma in a patient with Type 2 Diabetes (PDF)
- The NET Patient Foundation incorporating Living with Carcinoid
- The Net patient Fundation supports people diagnosed with neuroendocrine tumours and their familes. For further information and to make contact telephone 0800 434 6476 or visit the website.
- Unbounded Medicine - Information and discussion forum on insulinomas
There is a wealth of information and personal experiences, in the format of a forum, from people with an insulinoma.
- The UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (UKI NETS) aims to promote research, education, training and best clinical practice across a multidisciplinary area in the field of endocrine tumours. UKI NETS has amongst its members leading endocrinologists, gastroenterologists, oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians and pathologists to promote multidisciplinary collaborations.
- The American Association of Endocrine Surgeons Patient Education Site – provides comprehensive information on pancreatic Neuroendocrine tumours.
- Insulinoma induced hypoglycaemia in a Jamaican patient
- AMEND (Association for Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Disorders) Support and information for people affected by Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Disorders and associated endocrine tumours and syndromes Telephone: 01892 516076